Friday, August 1, 2008

24

I am quite the list maker, but tend to procrastinate. Many things on the to do list carry over from week to week. This summer in trying to get a jump on the school supply list for the fall, I have been stashing away tons of supplies based on last years list. I will have 3 in school, a kindergartner, a first grader and a third grader and wanted to avoid the rush. Today I got a letter from the girl's school. With excitement we anticipated learning "our teachers", only to discover a school supply list, stating that kindergartners will not be bringing supplies. As luck would have it the only year in 3 that I have been ready and the early bird did not get the worm.

I am a little sad to see summer come to an end. It has really been fun having free time. We have had a blast doing a lot of nothing. The girls have already started the count down game. Only 24 more days. I say left and they say to go. For me, it marks a return to schedules, endless homework, dragging sleepy girls out of bed, packing lunches, and car pool. For them, they see new teachers, new friends and new adventures. As exciting as to is to watch them grow, I wish it took longer. I've often heard the saying, the days go by so slow, but the years go by so fast. It has never seemed truer.

2 comments:

CarolinaGirl said...

I can't believe your 3 girls are in big girl school! What are you and Emerson going to do all day? Rest,play and spend lots of one on one time together! That will be so much fun!

The Broken Man said...

The school holidays only started here last week! They go back at the beginning of September. How long do your kids get?

Angie