Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SCORE!!!

We got a TON of snow. I'm going to say 4 inches maybe 5. Hey, it's the south. Last year we only got a glorified sleet day.
According to the girls, how the miracle came to be is still up for review. Olivia and Connor think they brought the snow by wearing their pajamas inside out, but Landon thinks flushing ice cubes and a putting a wooden spoon under her pillow did the trick. And yes, we started the day with a heated discussion of who really made it snow. The fights all end the same...a tie between baby Jesus and God.
It was a wonderful snow day!!!

7 comments:

Jodee said...

So glad you got some snow! Snow days are the best!

Tiaras and Timeouts said...

Glad your girls had a fun snow day!! We got *maybe* half an inch at our house, but got out of school anyway. We'll be trying your ice cubes, wooden spoon, and inside out jammies tricks next time!

Alyson said...

My Niece's are so funny. You have to love them.

Aunt Kitty

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

That is so cute!! I am glad that you finally got some snow to play in:)

Lisa

Life in Fitzville said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog... and I am glad you got your snow! I have to tell you, I just love your user name. I grew up a 'golf orphan'. My dad was the president of our small town country club, and my mom was the varsity golf coach. If I needed them for anything, I needed to find them out on the course. I still refuse to play to this day.

Your family is beautiful as well... what gorgeous girls!

Martha said...

I love all those superstitions for bringing snow. Having grown up in Auburn, Alabama where we only got ice storms, I had never heard of any of them. I'll have to try them when we really need a day off school. All it takes here to close school is for a few flakes to fall. Tell the girls to try all of them and maybe we'll get more this year.
GranMartha

The Mrs. said...

That is so sweet!