Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009 Already!

We had a wonderful holiday break. It was nice to see family and friends. We were very busy, but blessed. We did a lot of traveling and even more eating. Yummy for my tummy, but not very kind to my behind! I took a break from the blog and the treadmill. At least catching up on missed blogs will be fun.
It was sad to see the girls walk into school today, but I'm not going to lie, I was excited to get home and play Landon's Super Mario Bros...uninterrupted! No girls or husband to share with. I felt 9 again. I loved to rush home from school and play the Nintendo with my sisters! Rob and I have been playing the new DS games when the girls go to sleep. My hand even hurts a little. No shame!
Well, now it's back to juggling our busy schedules. Rob will be back to traveling for work and I will become the slave to laundry, lunches and homework. What I'm going to miss most is hearing the girls giggle and whisper while looking at Christmas lights . I just love the lights! Next to getting Christmas cards it's the highlight of my day during December. I'm looking forward to what 2009 brings! Happy New year!

5 comments:

Trina said...

Love your new header pic! I miss my decorations too and so do the kids. Rayna went back to school today. She was SO excited! I hope it stays the way as she gets older LOL.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy New Year and welcome back!! Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday....I took a break from teh treadmill myself and so need to get back on it...way too many cookies consumed this season...LOL!!

Love your new header....hope 2009 brings your family health and happiness!

Lisa

Tiaras and Timeouts said...

The header pic is gorgeous!!

The lights and cards are also my favorite parts of Christmas.

Happy new year!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

It sounds like a wonderful break! Makes me want my next baby to be a little girl so I can have two of them to whisper and giggle like yours! :) I also love your new photo header!
Carrie

The Mrs. said...

Love the header! Love that you have a Landon too! I'm thinking we need the wii!